NYA boys on the Pearl River Junior College campus erected a vocational building, while the girls worked in home economics. Hancock Hall was completed 1938 by the National Youth Administration. The architect was Robert William Naef. The building was destroyed in 1961.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory, Poplarville 109-POP-0014-X. Retrieved Sept. 12, 2020 from:
NYA Unit Gets Praise at PRC: 45 students erect new building, do home economics work. (May 8, 1938). Clarion-Ledger, p. 4.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on September 24, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE