Peabody Opera House
This building was originally part of the St. Louis Municipal Auditorium complex and was then known as the Kiel Opera House. The rest of the complex was later demolished, and this building became the Peabody Opera House. It was begun in 1932 primarily with bond funding, but it was completed with additional funds from the PWA.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on April 3, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE