Parsons High School Cornerstone
Built circa 1938, the Parsons High School was project number 1252-F of the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works. It stopped being a high school around 1981, but it didn’t stop serving the community. Today, it provides space for the Tucker County Board of Education, the Tucker County Family Resources Network, and the Tucker County Historical Society.
(1) Cornerstone on building (see photo). (2) Telephone conversation with the Parsons’ City Administrator’s Office (May 29, 2014). (3) West Virginia Division of Culture and History, “Photographs of Schools in West Virginia, Tucker County,” http://www.wvculture.org/history/education/images/tucker/tucker.html, accessed May 29, 2014. (4) Facebook page of the Tucker County Family Resource Network, http://www.facebook.com/TuckerFRN, accessed May 29, 2014.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on June 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE