Pamlico County Courthouse
From volume II of a 1978 report entitled 100 Courthouses, A Report on North Carolina Judicial Facilities: “In 1938 the Works Progress Administration, with Raymond Fuson serving as architect, built a new building in Bayboro.” The new courthouse was Neoclassical in style. “The plain interiors echo…the realities of the Depression era when money for decorative frills was scarce”.
100 Courthouses: A Report on North Carolina Judicial Facilities, Volume II (1978).
Project originally submitted by Maryann Olly on August 4, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE