Alpine pavilion, built by New Deal workersAlpine Pavilion
The Civil Works Administration built the Alpine Pavilion in Palisades Interstate Park in Alpine NJ. Built in 1934 and used as a bathhouse until 1944, the Pavilion was restored in 2016 and is used for picnics and gatherings.
"Features of Unusual Utility," Cliff Notes, May-June 2016, (https://www.njpalisades.org/featuresUnusualBeauty.html)
Commissioners of the Palisades Interstate Park, "Extensive Civil Works Program in Interstate Park," 1934, Palisades Interstate Park Archive.
Project originally submitted by Robert Snyder on August 8, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE