Ottawa Park Amphitheater
“The historic Amphitheater in Ottawa Park was WPA constructed in 1935-1936. It is located on a sloping piece of ground surrounded by trees in a bird sanctuary section of the park. The 500 tons of stone came from a quarry near Whitehouse. The small scrubs and trees planted then are now nearly 100 feet tall! Over the years the seating area has been rebuilt, a handicap accessible ramp added, a stage with backdrops, electricity, and a storage facility. It holds about 750 people. It is the only venue for free open air concerts in this area.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 13, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE