Ontonagon SchoolP.W.A. addition at center-right; original building at left
The historic Ontonagon School received an addition as a Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project. The addition extended the building southeast. The P.W.A. supplied a $28,228 grant for the project, whose total cost was $62,878. Construction occurred in 1937-8.
“In 1938, a two-story addition for elementary schooling, designed by architect A.B. Nelson of the Warren S. Holmes Company, was constructed next to the original high school building. The addition was connected to the original building on the southeast side via an annex corridor.” A further addition was built continued the building’s extension to the southeast. (Wikipedia)
PWA Docket No. MI [W]1441
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 62.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 13, 2017.