“Built in 1935, the Scipio Town Hall is one of over 480 public works buildings constructed in Utah under various New Deal programs during the Depression years of the 1930’s and 40’s. … The Scipio Town Hall was intended for use as a town hall and as a meeting place for all civic and political functions in the community. Two Scipio men Will and Lew Critchley were the brick and stone masons on the building. Several years after construction, probably during the 1940’s, the brick work on the front was added. … The building was renovated in 1988 with funds raised mainly by the Round Valley Camp of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers to be used as a museum for the D.U.P. and as a Senior Citizens Center.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 23, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE