Old Falkville Town HallOld Falkville Town Hall Cornerstone and WPA Plaque
“According to a bronze plaque located on the east side of the building, the original town hall was built from 1936-1937 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The two-story brick structure was one of the earliest projects in Morgan County. The building’s cornerstone lists mayor E.L.Drinkard and Alsermen L.E.Brown, J.L.Rowe, D.S.Sivley, and J.W.Tomlinson. The town clerk was V.O.Clark and the town policeman was Dan P.Ryan. The first floor housed the town jail and the town’s Fire Fighting equipment. Located on the second floor was the mayor’s office and the police station. Currently, the building is home to the Falkville Public Library.” (http://www.lat34north.com)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE