Framingham’s former Sturtevant Library was improved by federally funded labor during the Great Depression. According to local sources the library was located at the site of the former Framingham Memorial School.
The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) painted the library, cleaned the floors and furniture in 1936.
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1936 (pg. 117).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 17, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE