"The Old Tavern" Detail
This 16′ x 6′ oil on canvas entitled “The Old Tavern” was painted for the former Silver Spring Post Office by Nicolai Cikovsky in 1937, under the auspices of the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
When that post office closed down in 1981, the mural was moved to the Silver Spring Public Library.
Project originally submitted by Robert Oshel on May 11, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE