Galloway TX, WPA School
This school was rebuilt 1938-1940, and closed after World War II when it merged with the Carthage school.
As of 2010, the building was still standing and retained its WPA plaque. Google Earth images from 2012 suggest that the school may since have been demolished.
Texas Schools and One-Room Schoolhouses. Texas Escapes. Retrieved from http://www.texasescapes.com/EastTexasTowns/Galloway-Texas.htm.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on February 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE