The historic former Russell County Courthouse in Phenix City, Alabama was constructed with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. Presently titled the Justice Building, it is still operated by the county. The PWA provided a $42,340 grant for the project, whose total cost was $102,493. Construction occurred between December 1937 and November 1938.
PWA Docket No. AL W1174.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 88.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 25, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE