The former Grafton Public School building, located on the west side of Griggs Ave. between W 7th and W 8th Streets, was constructed in 1935 with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $95,000 loan and $41,000 grant for the project, whose total cost was $150,635.
PWA Project No. ND 6426
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 151.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 16, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE