This quintessentially New Deal brick post office was built by the Treasury in 1939. Today it houses an antique store. The mural by Charles W. Thwaites commissioned for this building now hangs in the local museum.
Post office cornerstone. Image at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/6141520981/in/photostream/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 8, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE