Project type: Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
Contractors: Algernon and Blair Construction Co.View Project in a Separate Window
The 1939 Colonial Revival post office was rehabilitated in 1999 and currently is home to a communications company. The company received a Heritage Award for Excellence in the rehabilitation of the historic building.
It formerly contained bas relief sculptures by George Aarons. The sculptures were moved to the new post office at its completion.
Mississippi Department of Archives & Hsitory, Historic Resources Inventory. Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE