Former New Albany Post Office
The Colonial Revival post office building was constructed in 1936 by Blair, Algernon Construction Company. The building is currently used as the Union County Development Association Building.
The building contains a mural by Robert Cleaver Purdy, “Miliking Time,” which was completed and installed in 1939.
Embree, J. (1996). "New Albany Downtown Historic District." Nomination form for the National Register of Historic Places. Fazio, M. W., Parrish, W. C., Blackwell, T., & Frank, C. (1979). "Four Building Act of 1926 Post Offices and Thirty Two Public Works Administration Post Offices Thematic Resources." Nomination form for the National Register of Historic Places. Mississippi Department of Archives & History. Historic Resources Inventory. "Old US Post Office, New Albany." Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?id=19864&view=facts&y=657
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE