Old post office mural
Section of Fine Arts mural painted for the Jesup post office by David Hutchison in 1938. The mural is titled “General Oglethorpe Concludes a Treaty of Amity and Peace with the Creek Indians – May 18, 1733.” It is presently on display in the Wayne County Library.
The mural “was removed in the 1950s and stored in the basement of the post office. It was recovered and restored in 1975, ended up hanging in the State Capitol for a few years and ended up back in Jesup in 1988 when the library was constructed.”
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE