The Old Post Office, Caldwell, Texas
The historic former post office building in Caldwell, Texas was constructed in 1936 with Treasury Department funds. As of 2022 the building houses a restaurant, aptly named The Old Post Office.
The post office had housed an example of New Deal artwork, which has since been relocated to the nearby Burleson County Courthouse.
Personal visit by Evan Kalish, March 2022.
Courthouselover on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/3571754171/in/set-72157594522048503
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 5, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE