The WPA-built Art Moderne style armory adjacent to Delta State Teachers College (now Delta State University) provided facilities beginning in 1946 for one of the earliest guidance centers. Delta State later acquired the armory building and it served as an art studio until it was demolished in 1971.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural Gunn, J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE