Old Municipal Building
The old Haverstraw Municipal Building, which now serves as a Fire Department facility, 25 Fairmount Ave., was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $39,000 loan and $31,909 grant for the project, whose total cost was $81,681. Construction occurred between Dec. 1936 and Aug. 1937.
PWA Docket No. NY [W]1313
Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 26.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 15, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE