Trenton, New Jersey’s old Lincoln School, then a segregated facility, was improved by the federal National Youth Administration (NYA) ca. 1936. The facility now operates as the Rivera School. Quote “The Dawn,” a monthly WPA newsletter, July 1936:
Twelve colored boys are constructing a baseball diamond at the Lincoln School, and eight girls are doing bookbinding work at the same school.
"The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; July 1936 issue, page 3. Found at the Jersey City Public Library's New Jersey Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 8, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE