Ruth Egri Mural, "Disease, Cure and Prevention"Photos provided by Luis Stephenberg of Lincoln Hospital administration
Ruth Egri painted a large WPA mural entitled “Disease, Cure and Prevention” in 1938-1939 for the Lincoln Hospital (then located at 141st St. and Southern Blvd. in the Bronx). In 1976, the hospital moved to its present location on 149th St. The mural’s current status is unknown, but it was probably lost in the demolition of the old hospital c. 2010.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE