The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided a grant for construction of the the former library in Linden, New Jersey. The building was completed in 1939, and was demolished in 2010 to make way for the “modern facility behind it on the same East Henry Street site.”
PWA Docket No. NJ [W]1212
Source: National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 19.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 27, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE