Old Post Office, Eden NCOriginally the Leakeville post office.
This post office building was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1939. At the time, the town name was Leaksville, but during the 1960s, Leaksville merged with two other communities to form the present town of Eden. When the current Eden post office was opened in 1991, this post office was shut down. The building still appears to be in good shape but seems to be empty. The Section of Fine Arts sculpture that was originally installed in this building, now hangs in the new Eden post office.
Post office cornerstone.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 17, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE