La Jolla Fire Station No. 13National Archives and Records Administration, Neg. 8098
The WPA built San Diego Fire Station No. 13 in 1937 to replace an older station. The building is still standing but the fire station moved to a new location in 1976. The WPA site is now occupied by the YMCA and is known as the La Jolla YMCA Firehouse.
National Archives and Records Administration https://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems/about/sta13.shtml
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE