Old Building 'C'
The massive Building ‘C’ of the old Jersey City Medical Center complex was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds during the Great Depression. The building, which mirrored the center’s primary Medical Building (and to which it was connected with a four-story wing), housed administrative offices, a general hospital and kitchen facilities. It abuts Beacon Way within the larger medical Center complex and possesses some Deco ornamentation.
Building ‘C’ was constructed ca. 1938-1941. It now serves as part of the privately-owned Beacon residential complex.
National Register of Historic Places: http://pdfhost.focus.nps.gov/docs/NRHP/Text/85003057.pdf http://www.njcu.edu/programs/jchistory/pages/m_pages/Medical_Center_Complex.htm
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 1, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE