“The Falkville water tower has been a landmark since it was built (1935-1936). As a part of a major waterworks project, it brought fresh drinking water to the citizens of Falkville. The project cost of $45,000 was made possible by a grant of $20,000 through the U.S.Public Works Administration. The balance was paid by a 30-year bond secured by the town and repaid by revenues of the water department. A large filtering facility was also a part of the project. The water tower was placed out-of-service in 2004.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE