Washington Arkansas 1874 county courthouseWashington Arkansas 1874 county courthouse
The CWA was involved in repairs to the aging county courthouse which had been built in 1874 to replace an 1836 building. A few years later in 1939, a new county courthouse was built by the PWA in Hope Arkansas when the county seat was moved. Both the original 1836 and 1874 courthouses (which is the visitor center) can be visited at Historic Washington State Park.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on July 13, 2017.