The historic former Baldwin County Courthouse building in Milledgeville, Georgia was constructed in 1887. It was remodeled and repaired with federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds in 1937. The PWA supplied a grant of $29,250 for the project, whose total cost was $65,297. Construction occurred between Jan. and Sept. 1937.
PWA Docket No. GA W1197
http://www.baldwincountyga.com/history/ National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 95.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 18, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE