The federal Civil Works Administration (CWA) conducted much work in and around Georgetown, South Carolina during the early years of the New Deal. The Georgetown Times wrote: “Started by the CWA and completed by the FERA, the paint job which was put on the old City Hall at the foot of Screven Street has rejuvenated the ancient landmark.” The old City Hall, erected in 1843 on Front Street, is home to the Town Clock.
Looking Back in Our Files: 25 Years Ago; The Georgetown Times, July 9, 1959 (page 5-B/11). Photo: http://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:mg74r093n
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 16, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE