Euclid, Ohio’s historic former city hall building was constructed with the assistance of the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) during the 1930s. The building now houses the National Cleveland-Style Polka Hall of Fame and Museum (‘Polka Hall of Fame’).
“Construction of the new city hall started in 1937 as a project of the Works Progress Administration (WPA), a program created by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to put Americans back to work. The new city hall was completed a year later and dedicated on June 8, 1938 by Mayor Sims. Stone used in its construction was taken from a quarry located in a part of Euclid that is now within the borders of South Euclid.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE