Hackensack City Garage AdditionPhoto from "The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; September 1936 issue, page 6.
The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed an addition to Hackensack, New Jersey’s old River St. City Garage in 1936. The addition was used as a truck storage shed. As part of the project a brick wall was constructed between the new and preexisting structures and other work was undertaken at the facility.
Visual analysis of old photographs places the garage along River St. near East Kansas St. The structures are no longer extant.
"The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; September 1936 issue, page 6. Found at the Jersey City Public Library's New Jersey Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 11, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE