Construction on Belmont’s central fire station was begun in 1935 by SERA and completed under the direction of the WPA using local labor. The station hired its first two employees in 1938.
Presently, the building houses Belmont’s Center for Independence of the Disabled (http://www.cidbelmont.org).
“Accomplishments of the Works Progress Administration – Northern California (1935-1938).” Works Progress Administration, San Francisco, CA, 1938; http://www.belmont.gov/city-hall/fire/our-department/history.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE