Old Allenwood Hospital garagePhoto from "The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; October 1936 issue, page 6.
The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed a garage for what was then known as Allentown Hospital (now Geraldine L. Thompson Care Center) in 1936. The status of the old garage is unknown to Living New Deal.
"The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; October 1936 issue, page 6. Found at the Jersey City Public Library's New Jersey Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 13, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE