‘This building was constructed by the Forest Service for the Mount Shasta branch of the California Forest and Range Experiment Station, and is located in an area of several thousand acres of dense chaparral set aside for experimental fire work in brush-covered land. The area is representative of over 1,000,000 acres of high-quality timberland which is overgrown with brush as a result of fire or logging followed by fire… The building was completed in October 1935 at a cost of $7452 which came out of a $2,246,599 PWA allotment to the Forest Service.’
Short, C. W. and R. Stanley-Brown (1939) Public Buildings: Architecture Under the Public Works Administration, 1933 to 1939. United States Government Printing Office: Washington, DC.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE