The CCC worked to restore Earthlodge at Ocmulgee National Monument.
“At the Earthlodge, enrollees puddled clay in large pits, mixed in straw, and then applied the mixture to the inner concrete wall to simulate the Indian architecture. The public was admitted to this historic structure on November 11, 1937 after the CCC ‘boys’ completed the steel walkway and installed electric lights.“
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 23, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE