Oaklawn Elementary WPA Plaque
In 1934, the Public Works Administration approved a loan of $4.2 million for a school building program in Fort Worth. Oaklawn Elementary School was one of the schools constructed from 1935 to 1936 through funding provided by the PWA. Architect Joseph R. Pelich selected a Spanish Eclectic style for the design. The contractor for the structure was James T. Taylor. The Works Progress Administration under the direction of Hare and Hare of Kansas City landscaped the school grounds from 1935 to 1937.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on January 26, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE