WPA sidewalk stamp, Auburn and Harwood Aves - Oakland CA
The Works Progress Administration (1939) built a sidewalk at Auburn and Harwood Avenues in East Oakland. It was one of many sidewalks constructed by the WPA around the city.
Date stamps in sidewalks were a common practice in the first half of the 20th century. Many are documented at oaklandunderfoot.com.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE