Nostrand Ave. Health Station
The Department of Health medical center at 130 Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn was constructed with Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor. This was one of three infant health stations in Brooklyn dedicated by Mayor La Guardia on May 10, 1939. The buildings cost about $50,000 each, with the WPA paying 60% and the city paying 40% of the costs.
The New York Times: "TO DEDICATE BABY UNITS; Mayor to Officiate at Three Brooklyn Health Stations," May 10, 1939 (pg. 2)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 2, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE