North Junior High School, renamed Franklin Middle School during the 1980s, was a WPA project constructed during 1942. The building was demolished at the end of 2010 (or very early 2011) and the Mary P. Martinez Elementary School was built in its place.
The Abilene Reporter-News reports that “two marble plaques from Franklin had been collected and will be placed on the walls in the new elementary school…”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 7, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE