One of two new schools built with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds, the two schools combined were constructed for about $205,500, with PWA providing 45% of the funds (New Schools to be Opened Tonight, 1937). The school contained an auditorium to seat 498. It was demolished circa 1999.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural New schools to be opened tonight. March 19, 1947. Biloxi Daily Herald, p. 1, 2.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE