Withers Hall, front viewWithers Hall, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. Source: (https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/catalog/0002750#?c=&m=&s=&cv=&xywh=-1358083954517) © Creative Commons BY-NC-ND Ca. 1945
The Public Works Administration funded the construction of the Chemistry Building (later renamed Withers Hall) on the North Carolina State University campus in Raleigh NC.
Construction of a fire-proof structure of reinforced concrete with exterior finish of brick and Indiana limestone. Total floor space of 72,000 square feet comprising 14 classrooms and large assembly room. Total seating for 1000 students. Laboratory accommodations for for 2640 students.
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina, Major College Projects of the Public Works Administration [photo album], in University Archives Photograph Collection - Campus Facilities and Views Photographs, Box 70, Folder 34.
North Carolina State University, University Archives Reference Collection, University Buildings, Sites, Landmarks Files: Box 1, Box 9.
Technician (Raleigh, N.C.), 27 Oct. 1939 [student newspaper available at https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/catalog/technician-v20n7-1939-10-27#?c=&m=&s=&cv=&xywh=1000%2C3512%2C3628%2C2151].
All sources held by NC State University Libraries, Special Collections Research Center.
Project originally submitted by Todd Kosmerick on June 20, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE