This Caroga Lake golf course was opened in 1929. In the 1930s, WPA workers cleared underbrush, built bridges and benches, and installed tennis courts at the course.
The Morning Herald (newspaper) Johnston, New York, 20 May 1936. Scan found at fultonhistory.com. The article lists that these tasks were performed by WPA workers, and that now that the improvements are completed, the course is slated to reopen.
Project originally submitted by Janet Napier on May 20, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE