The former New Miami School #2 building in New Miami, Ohio, was constructed as a New Deal project with funds from the Public Works Administration (PWA), in 1936-7. The PWA provided an $85,468 grant for the project, whose total cost was $193,505. The building was demolished in 2002, and a new high school has been built on the site.
PWA Docket No. OH 1140-R
Source: National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 68.
http://www.oldohioschools.com/butler_county.htm (accessed Apr. 2018)
The Journal News from Hamilton, Ohio, January 10, 1936 (pg. 18)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 1, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE