New Mexico Tech Weir Hall, constructed by the Works Progress Administration in 1939
“Weir Hall was another federal project, built under the Works Project Administration (WPA) in 1939. It was named for John Weir, a longtime professor of mining at the School of Mines, who worked here from the mid-1920s until his death in the late 1930’s, just before the building was completed. The 1925 School of Mines yearbook, Porphyry, describes Weir as ‘undoubtedly one of the best instructors in surveying and drafting that the School of Mines has ever had.'”
-New Mexico Tech
New Mexico School of Mines is now known as New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
Project originally submitted by The Living New Deal on April 23, 2016.
Additional contributions by Frank da Cruz.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE