Assay Laboratory, New Mexico TechPhoto: Frank da Cruz © All Rights Reserved 2018
Fitch Hall was built as a part of the federal governments Public Works Administration (PWA), a program which created jobs during the Great Depression. Finished in 1937, it was named for James G. Fitch, who served three terms on the board of regents–1894 to 1899, 1909 to 1912, and 1922 to 1927. Fitch was also a lecturer on mining law at the college.”
New Mexico School of Mines is now known as New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
Project originally submitted by The Living New Deal on April 15, 2012.
Additional contributions by Frank da Cruz.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE