"Designed by John Gaw Meem and constructed by the WPA, Rogers Hall was completed in 1937. The wall bases of the Spanish Colonial Revival building are of rusticated ashlar sandstone capped with a finished molding; the upper walls are of stuccoed brick and framed by sandstone quoins and a frieze below the eaves. Stone scroll brackets join the overhanging eaves and the walls; the sloped roof is covered with clay tiles. The walls of the main staircase and the second floor foyer are covered with murals by Lloyd Moylan. Originally built as a library, Rogers Hall now serves as the administration building of New Mexico Highland University."
-Treasures on New Mexico Trails
Flynn, Kathryn A., editor. Treasures on New Mexico Trails: discovery of New Deal art and architecture. New Mexico State Historic Preservation Division, 1995. Pg. 61.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE