Nazareth Boro Park, WPA 1939 Traffic Bridge
Nazareth Boro Park (also spelled Nazareth Borough Park) was begun in 1935 as a WPA project. Stone walls, a foot bridge, and an automobile bridge were among the features constructed. By 1937, a bathhouse and an 18,500 square foot swimming pool had been constructed. The pool was replaced in 2015 due to structural damage. The bridges and stone walls and entrance to the park remain. The automobile bridge has WPA 1939 chiseled into the rock.
WPA 1939, chiseled into cornerstone of bridge wall
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on June 23, 2016.