Michigan City Naval ArmoryView of the armory from the Franklin Street bridge
What is presently the Indiana Army National Guard Armory was constructed as the Michigan City Naval Armory with the assistance of Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor. A plaque states the completion date as October 1939.
Nationwide Context, Inventory, and Heritage Assessment of Works Progress Administration and Civilian Conservation Corps Resources on Department of Defense Installations, July 2009, Table C-2 - List of WPA Projects on Military Installations under Current DoD Control, page C-223, https://denix.osd.mil/cr/archives/historic/historic-structures-districts-and-landscapes-historic-contexts-archives/report-part-4/
Project originally submitted by Doug Logan on May 3, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE